Portabella Veggie Burgers
Ingredients (makes 8)
- 1 cup portabello mushrooms, cubed (small pieces) and gills removed
- 1 cup cooked black beans rinsed
- ½ cup fresh minced broccoli
- ½ red onion minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 3 free-range eggs
- ¼ cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tbsp Stamina
- 1/3 cup vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 tbs fresh coriander, chopped
- Virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- Chili flakes
Mash ½ cup of black beans with a fork and place it in a large bowl. Add the remaining beans, the mushrooms, broccoli, onion, garlic, staminamix and season to taste. Mix until coated.
Beat the eggs add it to the mixture with the cheese, bread an coriander. Mix it all together.
Heat up a non-stick pan over medium heat and drizzle some olive oil.
With the hands dampened (keep a water bowl close otherwise the mixture will stick into your hands when they are dry) shape the mixture into burgers and place them on the pan to cook until golden brown on each side. If the dough doesn’t hold add more bread crumbs.
Serve with a salad or steamed vegetables.